Donnerstag, 5. April 2012

[TV Shows] THE WIRE (written by Richard Price)

For me The Wire is simply the most authentic TV Show about ghetto life and police work I've seen so far. It shows the Baltimore drug scene from the eyes of gangsters and police. It doesn't glorify either side, no, it more or less shows the deep chasms each side holds for the respective players. Here's what IMDB got about the Wire.

 


A note on the language: I have to admit that I've never watched a TV show that was so hard to understand as this one. So for me this wasn't too relaxing to watch, but a good exercise in training my (american) English. Definitely not recommended, if you're not used to watch movies in English. 



Did anybody reckognize Leo Fitzgerald from the 90s classic KIDS in the last clip?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen