Sonntag, 8. April 2012

[Music] Wigwam - Fairyport (1971)

Wigwam is a finnish progressive rock band formed in 1968. I recently stumpled upon their album Fairyport, which was released in 1971 on Love Records (but recorded in '68). Great progressive stuff. Exactly what I associate with progressive rock music. Epic arrangements, folkish sounds, wonderful melodies and so on.






















Great musicians also, as far as I can judge that aspect. I especially like how they manage to integrate all the styles from jazz to folk to simple rock/blues without ever losing that mystique touch in their music. Positive shit. I postet the first track of this record, Losing Hold, on the bottom of this page. It gives you a good idea how they sound. Find their homepage here. The Discogs page for this release right there.

 



















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen