Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012

James Joyce's Dirty Letters

Oh my! 
Shocking! 

"Nora, my faithful darling, my seet-eyed blackguard schoolgirl, be my whore, my mistress, as much as you like (my little frigging mistress! My little fucking whore!) you are always my beautiful wild flower of the hedges, my dark-blue rain-drenched flower."

I found a nasty selection of love letters by the irish novelist and poet James Joyce, addressed to Nora Barnacle, the woman with whom James would go into self-imposed exile and who will give birth to his first child.

James Joyce; Photo by C. Ruf, Zurich, ca. 1918









































Full of shame I must admit that I haven't read Joyce yet. But this will change soon as I have laid eyes on Ulysses now, which is probably his most famous work. To get you hooked on Joyce, you might start with those letters I was talking about. To be found here


"Have I shocked you by the dirty things I wrote to you? You think perhaps that my love is a filthy thing. It is, darling, at some moments. I dream of you in filthy poses sometimes. I imagine things so very dirty that I will not write them until I see how you write yourself. The smallest things give me a great cockstand - a whorish movement of your mouth, a little brown stain on the seat of your white drawers, a sudden dirty word spluttered out by your wet lips, a sudden immodest noise made by you behind and then a bad smell slowly curling up out of your backside. At such moments I feel mad to do it in some filthy way, to feel your hot lecherous lips sucking away at me, to fuck between your two rosy-tipped bubbies, to come on your face and squirt it over your hot cheeks and eyes, to stick it between the cheeks of your rump and bugger you."


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen